Hussite event

  • Marilyn Kinyon
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 24, 2010
      Is this a yearly event? If so it's close enough I would like to go.

      ALso I tried the link for hussites.org on the post and it comes up a bad
      link. Is there a different one?

      Marija

      --
      "Your life can only be as free as your perception of it."

      - Deepak Chopra

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 24, 2010
        Looks as if the Hussites were part of "Military Through the Ages," or MTA, which happens every March at the Jamestown Settlement in southeastern Virginia. See http://www.facebook.com/historyisfun. It's a gathering of reenactment groups from many different historical eras. I haven't attended it myself, but there are some SCAdians in northern Atlantia who participate in MTA through non-SCA living history groups that they also belong to.

        Cheers,
        Patricia
        http://ladypatriciaoftrakai.blogspot.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 24, 2010
          correction on weblink: www.hussite.org
          Yes MTA at Jamestown, a fun event... we will probabally be at the medieval timeline event at Ridley Creek state park near Philly PA this fall.
          Somewhat different venue than SCA, our group focuses on one time and place for a while and try to be tight with our presentation, and this time we even took a shot at some Czech language in our presentation (we did the lord's prayer before battle, and used some military commands and greeted people to our camp with "chalava bohu")
          Of course we always welcome anyone who cares to play with us.
          -Rick