Re: [sig] Re: SCA Polish persona

  • Ana Adamski
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 9, 2010
      btw my family is related to  "Queen" Jadwiga  so I am in the process of getting documentation from my family and the Polish National Alliance

      Lady Ana

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 10, 2010
        <<snip>>
        > "Codex Bergshammar", 15th century manuscript, now in Stockholm.
        > There is a page from it here: Insignorum Clenodiorum Regis et Regni Polonie
        <<snip>>

        Sorry!

        Codex Bergshammar: (or at least one page from it)
        http://www.magnuski.org/pdfs/Abdank%20w%20Codex%20Bergshammar.%20A.%20Heymowski.pdf
        The full book, apparently, is in "Herby polskie w sztokholmskim Codex Bergshammar" by Adam Heymowski
        http://libris.kb.se/bib/1883374

        I also was forgetting two: 'Insignia seu Clenodia Regis et Regni Poloniae' by Jan Dlugosz (1415-1480), was transcribed in 1885 by Zygmunt Celichowski.

        Redrawn version: http://akromer.republika.pl/herbarz_dlugosz.html
        1885 version: http://www.wbc.poznan.pl/dlibra/docmetadata?id=1147

        Stemmata Polonica (also called the Arsenal Manuscript) is another heraldic book by Jan Dlugosz, ca 1540.
        http://www.wbc.poznan.pl/dlibra/docmetadata?id=46903&from=&dirids=1

        ~Asfridhr
      • T Duran
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 10, 2010
          Links to information on SCA period Polish heraldry (scroll down):
          http://www.s-gabriel.org/heraldry/slavic.shtml

          Likewise a couple of articles on names (not so useful for you, alas):
          http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/slavic.shtml

          -Kazimira