Travel to Georgia, WAS Re: [sig] Russian vacation

  • T Duran
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2010
      On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 1:16 PM, <bphall76@...> wrote:

      > My husband and I did a group tour several years ago and it was ...okay. Not
      > enough time in the museums or the bookstores and so forth. We did the tour
      > thing because neither of us speak Russian at all well. If you speak Russian
      > or are going with someone who does, this isn't as much of an issue. If you
      > were to go with a tour company, I'd recommend Mir Corp out of Seattle, WA.
      > They specialize in Russia and the Caucasus, tho' they have tours along most
      > of the Silk Road. You can also build a custom tour with them. They are,
      > however pricier than, say, Cosmos/Globus (this is the company we went with).

      Speaking of travel, we may have the option of a trip to Georgia in a few
      months, and I'm looking for some travel advice, if anyone can help. For
      instance, I gather that it is better (and cheaper) to stay in a
      B&B/guesthouse than in a hotel, and that the best way to travel is to hire a
      driver. But I've no idea how one goes about finding a good guest house and
      a reputable helpful driver.

      Anyone have any pointers ?

      Kazimira