RE: [sig] Medieval Service for the Fallen

  • christopher chastain
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 11, 2010
      I was gonna say, the best way would be the Viking funeral method.

      Yours in Humble Service,
      Pomestnik Dmitrii Zarekoi Ivanov
      Certainty of death,
      Small chance of success,
      What are we waiting for?
      Per saltire sable and azure, a two headed eagle displayed and in chief a mullet of eight points argent

      To: sig@yahoogroups.com
      From: Patoodle@...
      Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 15:53:31 -0500
      Subject: Re: [sig] Medieval Service for the Fallen

      I stumbled upon this thread in a discussion forum on ArmourArchive.org:

      http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=110213

      Every year at Pennsic there is a memorial whereby somebody builds a small replica of a Viking ship and sends it out across the pond aflame. People who lost a friend or family member are invited to make a small copy of the departed's SCA device and place it on the ship.

      Regards,
      Lady Patricia of Trakai

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 11, 2010
        Actually, the thread on ArmourArchive.org isn't the Viking ship method, but something for 10th-century Rus.

        Cheers,
        Lady Patricia

        was gonna say, the best way would be the Viking funeral method.

        ours in Humble Service,
        omestnik Dmitrii Zarekoi Ivanov
        ertainty of death,
        mall chance of success,
        hat are we waiting for?
        er saltire sable and azure, a two headed eagle displayed and in chief a mullet
        f eight points argent

        o: sig@yahoogroups.com
        rom: Patoodle@...
        ate: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 15:53:31 -0500
        ubject: Re: [sig] Medieval Service for the Fallen

        stumbled upon this thread in a discussion forum on ArmourArchive.org:
        http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=110213
        Every year at Pennsic there is a memorial whereby somebody builds a small
        eplica of a Viking ship and sends it out across the pond aflame. People who
        ost a friend or family member are invited to make a small copy of the
        eparted's SCA device and place it on the ship.
        Regards,
        ady Patricia of Trakai
        ubject: Re: [sig] Medieval Service for the Fallen
        n Jan 10, 2010, at 8:09 PM, h.ann64 wrote:
        Hi,
        Our medieval group is going to have a Feast at ANZAC Day,(where we
        emember those who served and/or fell for our country). We wanted to
        ave a Sunset Service for the Fallen and I wondered if there is an
        uthentic Medieval service for fallen brothers?
        Beyond a conventional Panikhida, I can't think of one.
        ffingham

      • h.ann64
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 14, 2010
          Thank you for your replies, you have given me good ideas.

          Ann