Re: Re: [sig] Medieval Service for the Fallen

  • jpkowal@mts.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 10, 2010
      Same thing came to mind as below.
      AVL

    • Patoodle@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 11, 2010
        I stumbled upon this thread in a discussion forum on ArmourArchive.org:

        http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=110213

        Every year at Pennsic there is a memorial whereby somebody builds a small replica of a Viking ship and sends it out across the pond aflame. People who lost a friend or family member are invited to make a small copy of the departed's SCA device and place it on the ship.

        Regards,
        Lady Patricia of Trakai

        n Jan 10, 2010, at 8:09 PM, h.ann64 wrote:
        > Hi,

        Our medieval group is going to have a Feast at ANZAC Day,(where we
        remember those who served and/or fell for our country). We wanted to
        have a Sunset Service for the Fallen and I wondered if there is an
        authentic Medieval service for fallen brothers?

        Beyond a conventional Panikhida, I can't think of one.

        ffingham

      • christopher chastain
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 11, 2010
          I was gonna say, the best way would be the Viking funeral method.

          Yours in Humble Service,
          Pomestnik Dmitrii Zarekoi Ivanov
          Certainty of death,
          Small chance of success,
          What are we waiting for?
          Per saltire sable and azure, a two headed eagle displayed and in chief a mullet of eight points argent

          To: sig@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 11, 2010
            Actually, the thread on ArmourArchive.org isn't the Viking ship method, but something for 10th-century Rus.

            Cheers,
            Lady Patricia

            was gonna say, the best way would be the Viking funeral method.

            ours in Humble Service,
            omestnik Dmitrii Zarekoi Ivanov
            ertainty of death,
            mall chance of success,
            hat are we waiting for?
            er saltire sable and azure, a two headed eagle displayed and in chief a mullet
            f eight points argent

            o: sig@yahoogroups.com
            rom: Patoodle@...
            ate: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 15:53:31 -0500
            ubject: Re: [sig] Medieval Service for the Fallen

            stumbled upon this thread in a discussion forum on ArmourArchive.org:
            http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=110213
            Every year at Pennsic there is a memorial whereby somebody builds a small
            eplica of a Viking ship and sends it out across the pond aflame. People who
            ost a friend or family member are invited to make a small copy of the
            eparted's SCA device and place it on the ship.
            Regards,
            ady Patricia of Trakai
            ubject: Re: [sig] Medieval Service for the Fallen
            n Jan 10, 2010, at 8:09 PM, h.ann64 wrote:
            Hi,
            Our medieval group is going to have a Feast at ANZAC Day,(where we
            emember those who served and/or fell for our country). We wanted to
            ave a Sunset Service for the Fallen and I wondered if there is an
            uthentic Medieval service for fallen brothers?
            Beyond a conventional Panikhida, I can't think of one.
            ffingham

          • h.ann64
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 14, 2010
              Thank you for your replies, you have given me good ideas.

              Ann