Medieval Service for the Fallen

  • h.ann64
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 10, 2010
      Hi,

      Our medieval group is going to have a Feast at ANZAC Day,(where we remember those who served and/or fell for our country). We wanted to have a Sunset Service for the Fallen and I wondered if there is an authentic Medieval service for fallen brothers?

      Thanks,

      Ann
    • Anthony Bryant
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 10, 2010
        On Jan 10, 2010, at 8:09 PM, h.ann64 wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Our medieval group is going to have a Feast at ANZAC Day,(where we
        > remember those who served and/or fell for our country). We wanted to
        > have a Sunset Service for the Fallen and I wondered if there is an
        > authentic Medieval service for fallen brothers?

        Beyond a conventional Panikhida, I can't think of one.

        Effingham
      • jpkowal@mts.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 10, 2010
          Same thing came to mind as below.
          AVL

        • Patoodle@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 11, 2010
            I stumbled upon this thread in a discussion forum on ArmourArchive.org:

            http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=110213

            Every year at Pennsic there is a memorial whereby somebody builds a small replica of a Viking ship and sends it out across the pond aflame. People who lost a friend or family member are invited to make a small copy of the departed's SCA device and place it on the ship.

            Regards,
            Lady Patricia of Trakai

            n Jan 10, 2010, at 8:09 PM, h.ann64 wrote:
            > Hi,

            Our medieval group is going to have a Feast at ANZAC Day,(where we
            remember those who served and/or fell for our country). We wanted to
            have a Sunset Service for the Fallen and I wondered if there is an
            authentic Medieval service for fallen brothers?

            Beyond a conventional Panikhida, I can't think of one.

            ffingham

          • christopher chastain
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 11, 2010
              I was gonna say, the best way would be the Viking funeral method.

              Yours in Humble Service,
              Pomestnik Dmitrii Zarekoi Ivanov
              Certainty of death,
              Small chance of success,
              What are we waiting for?
              Per saltire sable and azure, a two headed eagle displayed and in chief a mullet of eight points argent

              To: sig@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 11, 2010
                Actually, the thread on ArmourArchive.org isn't the Viking ship method, but something for 10th-century Rus.

                Cheers,
                Lady Patricia

                was gonna say, the best way would be the Viking funeral method.

                ours in Humble Service,
                omestnik Dmitrii Zarekoi Ivanov
                ertainty of death,
                mall chance of success,
                hat are we waiting for?
                er saltire sable and azure, a two headed eagle displayed and in chief a mullet
                f eight points argent

                o: sig@yahoogroups.com
                rom: Patoodle@...
                ate: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 15:53:31 -0500
                ubject: Re: [sig] Medieval Service for the Fallen

                stumbled upon this thread in a discussion forum on ArmourArchive.org:
                http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=110213
                Every year at Pennsic there is a memorial whereby somebody builds a small
                eplica of a Viking ship and sends it out across the pond aflame. People who
                ost a friend or family member are invited to make a small copy of the
                eparted's SCA device and place it on the ship.
                Regards,
                ady Patricia of Trakai

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 14, 2010
                  Thank you for your replies, you have given me good ideas.

                  Ann