Re: [sig] Video: Dagger Fighting!

  • jpkowal@mts.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 24, 2009
      Very Kewl!

      Similarily, I supported and attended the 40th Anniversary of Our local All Men Ukrainian Choir "Hoosli", they had celebrated quests Bandura Ensembles, Orlan Dance Troupe and Rusalka Dance Troupe. The Rusalka Dance troupe did a set piece performance as a troupe of Cossack with the Hoosli Chorus singing. The Cossacks similarily were militarily attired and their dance included sword and spear combat aspects. In the choreographed end the stage looked like the famous Hetman Khmelnytsky potrait, with one of the Male Chorus with the appropriate shaved head and Cossack lock of hair (He was a very good imitation of Khmelnytsky, the shaved head opportunity was a Cancer Fundraiser as well.)
      AVL

      ps This reminds me I really do have to get back to planning a Kiev, Lyiv, Odessa, Crimea, St Petersburg and Moscow trip down the road.