Re: [sig] Check out my photos on Facebook

  • Patoodle@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 19, 2009
      Actually, Lady Marija IS a real SCA person AND the autocrat of our next Slavic University. She is new to Facebook and apparently just sent out an invite to the whole list instead of individual people. I have already friended her back on Facebook, but I went through the site itself, not through the e-mail invite.

      PLEASE be polite to ouir fellow SIG members.

      Lady Patricia

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 19, 2009
        And a lovely lady at that, not to mention a wonderful teacher!

        raven

        After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.

        Actually, Lady Marija IS a real SCA person AND the autocrat of our next Slavic University. She is new to Facebook and apparently just sent out an invite to the whole list instead of individual people. I have already friended her back on Facebook, but I went through the site itself, not through the e-mail invite.

        PLEASE be polite to ouir fellow SIG members.

        Lady Patricia

        On Nov 19, 2009, at 10:28 AM, Marija Kotok wrote:

        > Hi Sig,

        "Hi Sig."

        BWA HA HA!!. <ahem>

        Effingham
        Honestly, my first thought was "Did I sign up for some 'Deadliest Catch' thing?"
        Sig being the name of one of the captains on that show)
        (and there's a pretty good change I *would* sign up for some email alerts for
        hat show.....)
        -Sfandra

      • Anthony Bryant
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 19, 2009
          On Nov 19, 2009, at 12:04 PM, Patoodle@... wrote:

          > Actually, Lady Marija IS a real SCA person AND the autocrat of our
          > next Slavic University. She is new to Facebook and apparently just
          > sent out an invite to the whole list instead of individual people. I
          > have already friended her back on Facebook, but I went through the
          > site itself, not through the e-mail invite.
          >
          > PLEASE be polite to ouir fellow SIG members.

          Well, in that case, my apologies.

          The SCA armor-craft group (among others) regularly gets hit with "hi,
          let's be friends," or "hi, sexy, I like your pictures" or "hey, visit
          my site" posts, most of them rather similarly worded -- as if the
          group itself is supposed to be a "friend" of the person (or bot)
          sending out the messages.

          So, sorry, Marija. I'm just twitchy around auto-sent messages. ;)

          Effingham