Re: Hungarian Resource

  • Varju@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2000
      The Gesta? Wow. . .lucky. I'd love to see it for the illumination.

      It's an interesting document, but as a little word of warning don't take it
      as a difinitve source on some things, like the events of the Magyar Conquest
      in 895. The author took the events of his own day and combined it with
      accounts he collected of the Conquest era that had been passed down as word
      of mouth. Unfortunately that makes it hard to tell fact from fiction and
      even more unfortunately it has actually fed some fallacies that have made it
      into nationalist rhetoric.

      Noemi
      who is still jealous. . .its that person who wrote a thesis on nationalism
      that has to add the warning. . .