Re:Congrats to Ivan

  • Soraya Newell
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 11, 2009
      Huzzah! Congratulations, Ivan.  Where can I see pictures of your work?
      And belated congrats to Sofya - I've been waiting a long time to hear that news!

      BTW - I was astonished when 'dok told me I was the first Russian Laurel.
      Class of '92.

      Soraya Evodia

      or as Liudmila calls me, Soraya Savelievna

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 11, 2009
        But you were the first Russian specialty Laurel ,Soraya, and Ivan continues in that tradition! So, Ivan, I congradulate you again, not only on your accomplishment, but more importantly for the merits of your research, your striving for skill and developing your art. For me personally, I would like to thank you for any and all classes you have taught and will teach, for all teh articles and class manuals that you have shared freely with others and will continue to share with others. Thats a real legacy we all create with each of our efforts!

        The really great thing about SIG for me is that legacy we are all helping to create. Not only are more Russian themed Peers being made as Laurels or Pelicans or Knights, more importantly many other cultures that normally might not get the recognition and reknown that they deserve and merit are being recognized, and not only as Peers, thats the last in a long line of triumphs and firsts many of us share!

        I've always said that there is a wealth of true trailblazers in this group, especially rare in a Society where many follow pathways that were already well travelled and developed decades ago. Its true that Soraya was one of the very first of the current SIG community to trailblaze and many of us continue to be inspired by her example and those of many others. Personally, I feel lucky to have been a small part of what many, many of us have accomplished as SIG members in our specialties and interests!

        OK, putting my pom poms away now!

        Best Regards,
        'dok

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 11, 2009
          Congrats Ivan!

          For those that do not know the Kingdom of Northshield we are large Kingdom geographically speaking (16hrs East - West Driving, and 12hrs North - South). Ivan has traveled broadly sharing His knowledge. An example of which, Literally crossing the length of our Kingdom, from his home group in Wisconsin all the way up to our Barony of Castel Rouge (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada).

          Vivant!
          Master Aleksandr Vasilevych Lev (AVL)

          > From: Soraya Newell <sarayya@...>
          > Date: 2009/11/11 Wed AM 02:00:11 CST
          > To: sig@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [sig] Re:Congrats to Ivan
          >
          > Huzzah! Congratulations, Ivan. Where can I see pictures of your work?
          > And belated congrats to Sofya - I've been waiting a long time to hear that news!
          >
          > BTW - I was astonished when 'dok told me I was the first Russian Laurel.
          > Class of '92.
          >
          > Soraya Evodia
          >
          > or as Liudmila calls me, Soraya Savelievna

        • Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 12, 2009
            Hello,

            Soraya asked where she could see some examples of my work. Unfortunately my
            website is currently defunct, but I have some pictures of my work on my
            Flickr page at:
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/rezansky/sets/72157600016634103/

            I also had an article published in Slovo #40-42 about the icon reproduction
            project I did for Northshield A&S Master Challenge in 2006.

            Enjoy! J

            Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky
            MKA John Beebe
            4303 Monona Drive, Monona, WI 53716
            rezansky@...

          • Tatiana
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 14, 2009
              Thank you for sharing,

              Truly an inspiration!

              Tatiana Moskovskaia

              --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky" <rezansky@...> wrote:

              > Hello,
              >
              > Soraya asked where she could see some examples of my work. Unfortunately my
              > website is currently defunct, but I have some pictures of my work on my
              > Flickr page at:
              > http://www.flickr.com/photos/rezansky/sets/72157600016634103/
              >

              > I also had an article published in Slovo #40-42 about the icon reproduction
              > project I did for Northshield A&S Master Challenge in 2006.
              >

              > Enjoy! J
              >

              > Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky
              > MKA John Beebe
              > 4303 Monona Drive, Monona, WI 53716