Re: mumming

  • susannah53
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 27, 2009
      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Rachel Sampsel" <raelee@...> wrote:

      > This is actually a huge undertaking your looking at. It might be easier
      > if you just examined one country rather than comparing and contrasting two
      > or more.

      I'm interested in traditional mumming, as was practiced in England pre-World War I, rather than organized masques. Actually I've been fascinated by mumming since I read about it in a 1920s CHATTERBOX when I was in grade school. The cross-cultural similarities are really intriguing. What's the title of the book you mention?

      Thanks much!

      Susannah