Re: Kiev Rus dyes--??

  • Christine Jacobs
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 30, 1999
      > Thank you, Kseniia! Now I understand why this St. John's wort is supposed
      > be good for you. I am still not sure what the "drok" is, must ask my
      mother
      > when she comes to visit for New Year. Our Webster-type Russian
      dictionary
      > was too big to take here, and I never got another one...and thought I am
      not
      > going to really need a Russia-English one. Thought wrong if I want to
      > translate this book as I started, it seems.

      Glad I could help! A friend of mine found a "Slovar' Russkogo Yazyka" at
      some bookstore in D.C. It's just great, except I wish that it gave the
      scientific name of plants; not that I'd recognize that either, but it would
      be better than a general description.

      :) Kseniia

      Kseniia Smol'nyanina mka: Christine Jacobs
      of Mountain Freehold chrstnj@...
      <http://www.geocities.com/~chrstnj>
      http://messenger.yahoo.com