Well, I know that lady!

    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 15, 2009
      Bored witless at work ( as I frequently am -- when you're tech support, you only get calls when something's broken! ), I decided to hit Google and search the News for "Society For Creative Anachronism."

      And what do I find? A photo spread from the LA Times on Tuesday, about Great Western War, featuring our very own Mistress Liudmila!

      http://www.latimes.com/theguide/events-and-festivals/la-society-creative-anachronisms-events-pictures,0,3261780.photogallery

      (she's #3).

      Nice Photo, Luidmila! :D

      --Sfandra Dmitrieva

      ******************
      Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
      Haus Von Drakenklaue, Kingdom of the East
      ******************
      Never 'pearl' your butt.
      ******************
      "Cultured pearls, eh? Do they turn their rounded noses up at other pearls, lift their pinkie when they drink seawater, and gossip horribly about pearls from less fortunate clams?" -- Martin der Wasserspeier
    • LiudmilaV@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 15, 2009
        Thank you, it is a nice photo -- the reporter certainly tried, and insisted on glasses off and everything. I am just slightly embarrassed by "that's when the pearl hats came in" line that comes with it. I did say something like that among other things, though.
        Liudmila

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 15, 2009
          Awesome garb! I put the link on FB so others can see.

          thanks,
          raven

          After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 15, 2009
            I like the square neck sarafan! I'll have to start teaching that in my Russian costuming class! Thanks!

            Best Regards,
            'dok

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 15, 2009
              Unfortunately, I can't remember anymore where I found justification
              for that. I'll have to look again. This sarafan is old, it is my
              second ever sarafan from 10 years ago. Better, or at least bigger,
              pictures of both the hat and the dress can be found at www.sca-Russian.com
              Liudmila

              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 16, 2009
                Ah yes, there's no one quite like the Media for taking things out of context.

                Cheers,
                Sfandra