Re: [sig] The New Russian Laurel

  • Susan Saladini
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 28, 2009
      You have my sincerest congratulations. Beautiful pictures!

      Posadnitsa Sof'ia Zhirinskaia, AOA, OM
      Соф'ия Жиринская
      susanrae@...
      www.spindlesend.net

      On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Lisa Kies <lkies319@...> wrote:

      > Greetings from Sofya to all my friends at SIG.
      >
      > The deed is done!
      >
      > For all of you who were so enthusiastic about my elevation, here are the
      > pictures and video:
      > *http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Medieval/laurel.html*<
      > http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Medieval/Laurel/KCAT_8472.jpg>
      >
      > For those of you who were surprised that I wasn't already a Laurel and were
      > wondering, perhaps, what was wrong with Calontir that it took this long,
      > please remember that it takes more than just expertise in one's field to be
      > a Peer. Other qualities must also be demonstrated. That takes more than a
      > website and a bunch of emails which were, unfortunately, almost the only
      > way
      > I could be "active" in the SCA up until fairly recently. I still don't feel
      > quite ready to be a _Calontir_ Peer, but I'll muddle through. ;-)
      >
      > Thank you for all your good wishes!
      >
      > At your service,
      >
      > Sofya

    • Susan Saladini
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 28, 2009
        Hi Sasha,

        Congratulations on your Pelican. I would love to meet you. I moved to
        Triamaris last year and have not had a chance to meet many people. If you
        would please contact me off list I would like to chat with you.

        Thank you,

        On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Sasha <sashavilanov@...> wrote:

        > Greetings Sofya and Congratulations from Trimaris' newest Pelican... ;-p
        >
        > Sasha

      • Anthony Bryant
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 28, 2009
          Sofya --

          Congratulations, and welcome to the Order!

          Can't tell you how thrilled I am about this. :)

          Edward
        • Jennifer Nelson Kemp
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 28, 2009
            Woo hoo!!! Congrats and great pictures! Very Fancy Schmancy!

            Ianuk