Re: [sig] The New Russian Laurel

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 27, 2009
      OK, A) CONGRATS!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!

      And B) The play -by- play is freakin' HILARIOUS! AND CONGRATS!

      and C) CONGRATS!!!!!

      Cheering for you,
      (and LOVING the garb)
      --Sfandra Dmitrieva

      ******************
      Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
      Haus Von Drakenklaue, Kingdom of the East
      ******************
      Never 'pearl' your butt.
      ******************

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 27, 2009
        Congratulations! Beautiful ceremony, and nice to see all those Russians in action.
        Liudmila

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 27, 2009
          On Sunday 27 September 2009 7:31:56 pm Lisa Kies wrote:
          > Greetings from Sofya to all my friends at SIG.
          >
          > The deed is done!
          >
          > For all of you who were so enthusiastic about my elevation, here are the
          > pictures and video:
          > *http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Medieval/laurel.html*<http://www.strang
          >elove.net/~kieser/Medieval/Laurel/KCAT_8472.jpg>

          I've been an admirer of your Medieval Russia web pages for a long time.
          Congratulations!

          --
          Cathy Raymond <cathy@...>

          "A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
          --Walter Bagehot

        • Sasha
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 28, 2009
            Greetings Sofya and Congratulations from Trimaris' newest Pelican... ;-p

            Sasha

          • Susan Saladini
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 28, 2009
              You have my sincerest congratulations. Beautiful pictures!

              Posadnitsa Sof'ia Zhirinskaia, AOA, OM
              Соф'ия Жиринская
              susanrae@...
              www.spindlesend.net

              On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Lisa Kies <lkies319@...> wrote:

              > Greetings from Sofya to all my friends at SIG.
              >
              > The deed is done!
              >
              > For all of you who were so enthusiastic about my elevation, here are the
              > pictures and video:
              > *http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Medieval/laurel.html*<
              > http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Medieval/Laurel/KCAT_8472.jpg>
              >
              > For those of you who were surprised that I wasn't already a Laurel and were
              > wondering, perhaps, what was wrong with Calontir that it took this long,
              > please remember that it takes more than just expertise in one's field to be
              > a Peer. Other qualities must also be demonstrated. That takes more than a
              > website and a bunch of emails which were, unfortunately, almost the only
              > way
              > I could be "active" in the SCA up until fairly recently. I still don't feel
              > quite ready to be a _Calontir_ Peer, but I'll muddle through. ;-)
              >
              > Thank you for all your good wishes!
              >
              > At your service,
              >
              > Sofya

            • Susan Saladini
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 28, 2009
                Hi Sasha,

                Congratulations on your Pelican. I would love to meet you. I moved to
                Triamaris last year and have not had a chance to meet many people. If you
                would please contact me off list I would like to chat with you.

                Thank you,

                On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Sasha <sashavilanov@...> wrote:

                > Greetings Sofya and Congratulations from Trimaris' newest Pelican... ;-p
                >
                > Sasha

              • Anthony Bryant
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 28, 2009
                  Sofya --

                  Congratulations, and welcome to the Order!

                  Can't tell you how thrilled I am about this. :)

                  Edward
                • Jennifer Nelson Kemp
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 28, 2009
                    Woo hoo!!! Congrats and great pictures! Very Fancy Schmancy!

                    Ianuk