The New Russian Laurel

  • Lisa Kies
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 27, 2009
      Greetings from Sofya to all my friends at SIG.

      The deed is done!

      For all of you who were so enthusiastic about my elevation, here are the
      pictures and video:
      *http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Medieval/laurel.html*<http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Medieval/Laurel/KCAT_8472.jpg>

      For those of you who were surprised that I wasn't already a Laurel and were
      wondering, perhaps, what was wrong with Calontir that it took this long,
      please remember that it takes more than just expertise in one's field to be
      a Peer. Other qualities must also be demonstrated. That takes more than a
      website and a bunch of emails which were, unfortunately, almost the only way
      I could be "active" in the SCA up until fairly recently. I still don't feel
      quite ready to be a _Calontir_ Peer, but I'll muddle through. ;-)

      Thank you for all your good wishes!

      At your service,

      Sofya

      http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser
      "Nasytivshimsya knizhnoj sladosti."
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 27, 2009
        OK, A) CONGRATS!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!

        And B) The play -by- play is freakin' HILARIOUS! AND CONGRATS!

        and C) CONGRATS!!!!!

        Cheering for you,
        (and LOVING the garb)
        --Sfandra Dmitrieva

        ******************
        Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
        Haus Von Drakenklaue, Kingdom of the East
        ******************
        Never 'pearl' your butt.
        ******************

      • LiudmilaV@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 27, 2009
          Congratulations! Beautiful ceremony, and nice to see all those Russians in action.
          Liudmila

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 27, 2009
            On Sunday 27 September 2009 7:31:56 pm Lisa Kies wrote:
            > Greetings from Sofya to all my friends at SIG.
            >
            > The deed is done!
            >
            > For all of you who were so enthusiastic about my elevation, here are the
            > pictures and video:
            > *http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Medieval/laurel.html*<http://www.strang
            >elove.net/~kieser/Medieval/Laurel/KCAT_8472.jpg>

            I've been an admirer of your Medieval Russia web pages for a long time.
            Congratulations!

            --
            Cathy Raymond <cathy@...>

            "A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
            --Walter Bagehot

          • Sasha
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 28, 2009
              Greetings Sofya and Congratulations from Trimaris' newest Pelican... ;-p

              Sasha

            • Susan Saladini
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 28, 2009
                You have my sincerest congratulations. Beautiful pictures!

                Posadnitsa Sof'ia Zhirinskaia, AOA, OM
                Соф'ия Жиринская
                susanrae@...
                www.spindlesend.net

                On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Lisa Kies <lkies319@...> wrote:

                > Greetings from Sofya to all my friends at SIG.
                >
                > The deed is done!
                >
                > For all of you who were so enthusiastic about my elevation, here are the
                > pictures and video:
                > *http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Medieval/laurel.html*<
                > http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Medieval/Laurel/KCAT_8472.jpg>
                >
                > For those of you who were surprised that I wasn't already a Laurel and were
                > wondering, perhaps, what was wrong with Calontir that it took this long,
                > please remember that it takes more than just expertise in one's field to be
                > a Peer. Other qualities must also be demonstrated. That takes more than a
                > website and a bunch of emails which were, unfortunately, almost the only
                > way
                > I could be "active" in the SCA up until fairly recently. I still don't feel
                > quite ready to be a _Calontir_ Peer, but I'll muddle through. ;-)
                >
                > Thank you for all your good wishes!
                >
                > At your service,
                >
                > Sofya

              • Susan Saladini
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 28, 2009
                  Hi Sasha,

                  Congratulations on your Pelican. I would love to meet you. I moved to
                  Triamaris last year and have not had a chance to meet many people. If you
                  would please contact me off list I would like to chat with you.

                  Thank you,

                  On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Sasha <sashavilanov@...> wrote:

                  > Greetings Sofya and Congratulations from Trimaris' newest Pelican... ;-p
                  >
                  > Sasha

                • Anthony Bryant
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 28, 2009
                    Sofya --

                    Congratulations, and welcome to the Order!

                    Can't tell you how thrilled I am about this. :)

                    Edward
                  • Jennifer Nelson Kemp
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 28, 2009
                      Woo hoo!!! Congrats and great pictures! Very Fancy Schmancy!

                      Ianuk