Oct 3-4: Re: konotop 1659 PA

  • rickjs
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 22, 2009
      Oct 3-4 Konotop, Ukrainian Homestead, Leighton PA - our big event of the year
      Battle of Konotop, also known as the Battle of Sosnivka, was a battle fought between the hetman of Ukraine, Ivan Vyhovsky, and his allies against the armies of the Muscovites led by prince Aleksey Trubetskoy, on June 29, 1659 near the town of Konotop.
      http://www.kismeta.com/diGrasse/konotop_1659.htm
      I need whoever has not contacted me about accomidations to do so, for themselves or on behalf of their group... also please let me know count and days attending - names of participants would be nice.
      free tent space and indoor barrack-room/crash space. (bring sleeping bags or sheets/blankets) and on-site hotel is $65 per night. we are getting lunch Saturday, and Saturday evening we will do a group potluck and cook something (potluck dish or chip in $5 please)

      We are getting there to set up friday afternoon, the public will be there mostly on Saturday, and Sunday is mostly for us