sbiten recipe

  • Yevgeniya Pechenaya
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 19, 2009
      So someone was asking about sbiten. and i can't find the original post but i do have a recipe to share. I haven't tested it yet, but it sounds good

      Moscow Sbiten po-pohlebninski

      1 kg of white treacle, 200 g of honey, 2 g of ground cinamon, 5 cloves, 2 tea spoons of ground ginger, 10 pellets (the whole pieces) of black pepper, 5 table spoons of dried mint, 6-8 seeds of cardamon, 3 stars of anise, 5-6 liter of boiled water

      Directions: in boiling water dissolve, treacle and honey, boil for 15 min. add all the spices and boil for 10 more min. Strain and drink hot. Treacle can be replaced with honey or sugar.

      Lada

      Oooooh...
      SHINY!

    • hastings_1066ad
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 27, 2009
        --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, Yevgeniya Pechenaya <ladie_lada@...> wrote:

        > So someone was asking about sbiten. and i can't find the original post but i do have a recipe to share. I haven't tested it yet, but it sounds good
        >
        > Moscow Sbiten po-pohlebninski
        >
        > 1 kg of white treacle, 200 g of honey, 2 g of ground cinamon, 5 cloves, 2 tea spoons of ground ginger, 10 pellets (the whole pieces) of black pepper, 5 table spoons of dried mint, 6-8 seeds of cardamon, 3 stars of anise, 5-6 liter of boiled water
        >
        > Directions: in boiling water dissolve, treacle and honey, boil for 15 min. add all the spices and boil for 10 more min. Strain and drink hot. Treacle can be replaced with honey or sugar.
        >
        > Lada
        >
        > Oooooh...
        > SHINY!

        Thank you so much for the recipe. I'm going to give it a try this weekend-- assuming it stays down around 80 degrees rather than continuing with soaring temperatures.