Trypillya clothing reconstructions

  • Hastings Sanderson
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2009
      I ran across some fun images from a costume contest of reconstructions of Trypillan clothing held in Rjishev as part of their ethnographic festival in 2003 and the reconstruction village they are building. Its a university group with assistance of Zinaida Vasina, (the author of Ukrainian Chronicle of Clothing vols 1 and 2)
      http://www.trypillya.kiev.ua/kostum_eng.htm

      and there are some of the images from Vasina's book there as well.
      http://www.trypillya.kiev.ua/rekon_kost_eng.htm

      To early for SCA obviously, but rather interesting regarding early tribal dress and what pre-dated it especially as so much of the symbols continue in folk art.

      And I had to show someone this: Ukrainian Folk Dress Barbie and Ken
      http://www.dorianky.org.ua/?do=dolls