Re: [sig] Romanian women's names

  • T Duran
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 8, 2009
      On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 5:18 AM, <bphall76@...> wrote:

      > There is a lady in my kingdom who wishes a Romanian name.? What resources
      > are out there to choose from?? The people on my kingdom heraldry list
      > (wonderful though they are) do not know Romanian names.?

      There are a couple of lists here:

      http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/othereu.shtml#romanian

      Kazimira
    • tatiana_moskovskaia
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 10, 2009
        Great ideas!

        Thank you, I'll think it over and see what we can do.

        Tatiana
      • lhb17201
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 11, 2009
          Have you tried weaving sticks? I bought the wooden ones last year at Pennsic, but you can make them for an activity using drinking straws and paperclips. I teach adults with mental illness and a number of them made belts, necklaces and bracelets last year for our annual art show.

          raven

          --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "tatiana_moskovskaia" <doggzie@...> wrote:

          > Does anyone has ideas for make and take activities Slavic style?
          >
          > Thank you,
          >
          > Tatiana

        • Tatiana
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 12, 2009
            Weaving sticks...interesting. I'll look it up. Never tried it myself.
            Thank you,

            Tatiana

          • lori h-b/ raven
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 13, 2009
              I orginally got mine at Pennsic from Gary Palmer his website is http://www.palmerlooms.com he has some that are $7 including shipping. He is the one who told me to get drinking straws and put paperclips inside them, letting a bit hang out which is where you attatch the warp yarn. It is VERY portable. I saw a set this year at a different vender who had a holder for them that you can use up to 12 sticks. Good luck with it.
              There's also a site http://www.thriftyfun.com/ that has a lot of take along crafts some of which are period, and a lot of other thrift and Green ideas.

              raven

              After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.