Re: [sig] Romanian women's names

  • spmaiorca@cox.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 8, 2009
      hi,
      I couple I have in mind Ruxandra- Andrea
      I would defitnly look at anything by Radu Florescu.
      -Patrick aka Nicodim Vladescu
      ---- bphall76@... wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > There is a lady in my kingdom who wishes a Romanian name.? What resources are out there to choose from?? The people on my kingdom heraldry list (wonderful though they are) do not know Romanian names.?
      >
      > Thanks
      > Vasilisa Myshkina
      > Glymm Mere, An Tir
      >

      > -

    • T Duran
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 8, 2009
        On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 5:18 AM, <bphall76@...> wrote:

        > There is a lady in my kingdom who wishes a Romanian name.? What resources
        > are out there to choose from?? The people on my kingdom heraldry list
        > (wonderful though they are) do not know Romanian names.?

        There are a couple of lists here:

        http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/othereu.shtml#romanian

        Kazimira
      • tatiana_moskovskaia
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 10, 2009
          Great ideas!

          Thank you, I'll think it over and see what we can do.

          Tatiana
        • lhb17201
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 11, 2009
            Have you tried weaving sticks? I bought the wooden ones last year at Pennsic, but you can make them for an activity using drinking straws and paperclips. I teach adults with mental illness and a number of them made belts, necklaces and bracelets last year for our annual art show.

            raven

            --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "tatiana_moskovskaia" <doggzie@...> wrote:

            > Does anyone has ideas for make and take activities Slavic style?
            >
            > Thank you,
            >
            > Tatiana

          • Tatiana
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 12, 2009
              Weaving sticks...interesting. I'll look it up. Never tried it myself.
              Thank you,

              Tatiana

            • lori h-b/ raven
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 13, 2009
                I orginally got mine at Pennsic from Gary Palmer his website is http://www.palmerlooms.com he has some that are $7 including shipping. He is the one who told me to get drinking straws and put paperclips inside them, letting a bit hang out which is where you attatch the warp yarn. It is VERY portable. I saw a set this year at a different vender who had a holder for them that you can use up to 12 sticks. Good luck with it.
                There's also a site http://www.thriftyfun.com/ that has a lot of take along crafts some of which are period, and a lot of other thrift and Green ideas.

                raven

                After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.