Slavic U.

  • Marilyn Kinyon
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 13 6:47 AM
      After looking at possible dates it is looking like Labor Day Weekend may be the best idea so far. Does anyone see any serious conflicts with that date?

      We are thinking with the longer weekend it may be easier on folks who would be traveling a ways?

      Lady Marija Kotok
    • Paul W Goldschmidt
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 13 7:29 AM
        Labor Day Weekend of 2009 or 2010?

        -- Paul

        At 08:47 AM 7/13/2009, you wrote:

        >After looking at possible dates it is looking like Labor Day Weekend
        >may be the best idea so far. Does anyone see any serious conflicts
        >with that date?
        >
        >We are thinking with the longer weekend it may be easier on folks
        >who would be traveling a ways?
        >
        >Lady Marija Kotok

      • laurie ann balsavage
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 3 4:04 AM
          Here is the event announcement for the Slovo,   Post to list as well if you like.

          Byrgida

          Slavic
          University is coming to the Aethelmearc!! A gathering for all those
          intersted in the Slavic culture is coming to the Shire of Abhainn
          Ciach Ghlais in picturesque Central PA. Join us to experience the
          unique aspects of these peoples. Learn from those gentles who have
          studied many years. Practice your art. Welcome newcomers with a bit
          of your experience with the Slavic world as a class instructor.

          There
          will be a library available to share resources. All attendees are
          urged to bring your best sources: a librarian will be present.
          Share your projects in the A&S display and show your works in
          progress.

          There will be a token for the gentle who travels farthest in the
          Known World to join us.

          Wear/bring
          your best garb and be in the fashion show! Let's see how many
          different regions can be represented. Contact the autocrat to
          participate.

          Slavic
          University will be held on October 26, 2013 at the Trinity Lutheran
          Church , 120 South Main Street, Hughesville, PA 17737. Autocrat is
          Lady Byrgida Zajacszowa (Laurie Ann
          Balsavage),happypolishlady@.... Send registrations to the Troll : Lord Conrad Kienast (Robert
          English) 124 North Second Street, Sunbury, PA 17801. If you would
          like to teach please contact Lady Aibell ingen Dairmata (Lea Wittie) ladyaibell@.... A
          Slavic sideboard will be provided by Lord Ciaran O'Tighearnaigh(
          Craig Griffiths)(ciaran.otighearnaigh@...). Contact him if you have dietary concerns.

          Site
          opens 9AM, closes 7PM. This is a DRY site. Cost is $10; this
          includes the all day sideboard. Make checks
          payable to SCA of PA , Inc. , Shire of Abhainn Ciach Ghlais .
          Children between the ages of 5 and 17 pay $5.00; babies age 4 and
          under free. The family cap is $25.00. A $5 surcharge applies to
          anyone without proof of membership the day of the event.

          See
          ACG website http://www.eg.bucknell.edu/~acg/for area hotels. Some crash space available, contact the autocrat.

          Directions:

          From the north: Find
          your best route to Route 15S. At Williamsport, follow I180E/220N
          about 15 miles; Exit for 405N; follow 405N into Hughesville. One
          block past first red light turn left : Academy Street. ( Church on
          the left as you make the turn.) Park in the large parking lot at the
          rear of the church.
          From the west: Find
          your best route to Route I80,. Exit 212B , merge onto I180W toward
          Williamsport. ( You are about 15 miles from the site.) Exit 405N;
          follow into Hughesville. One block past first red light, turn left
          at Academy Street. ( Church on left as you make the turn.) Park in
          the large parking lot at the rear of the church.
          From the east: Find
          your best route to Route I80W. Exit 212B to merge onto I180W toward
          Williamsport. (You are about 15 miles from the site.) Exit 405N,
          follow into Hughesville. One block past the first red light, turn
          left at Academy Street. (Church on the left as you make the turn.)
          Park in the large parking lot at the rear of the church.