Russian jewels

  • timbo@xxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 24, 1999
      I'm probably wrong but I remember reading somewhere that the regalia
      was kept while the hoards of minor jewelry were sold off both
      during the White civil war and later by Stalin to help build the
      industrial base he would later move east of the Urals and use to
      crush the Nazis. Regardless, the winners tend to write history in any
      fashion they see fit, truth and reality usually as after thoughts
      over dinner.
      'dak