Russian znak

  • christopher chastain
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 12, 2009
      Greetings to the list,
      I remember seeing someone asking about Russian heraldy and the Znak (forgive me if im wrong on the word, I am speaking of the tribal symbols that were used like heraldry) and was wondering if they had found anything? Im not of Russian ancestry and learning the language has been extremely slow and at some times Ive lost interest with no one else to work with. I would like to design something for myself and possibly bring this to the few Rus we have here in Trimaris to go with their SCA heraldry. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Yours in Humble Service,
      Pomestnik Dmitrii Zarekoi Ivanov
      "Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing!"

    • Barbara
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 13, 2009
        This is the one page I know of. There may be others. I've been working on
        one of my own.

        http://www.goldschp.net/archive/rusheraldry.html

        Good Luck!

        Mir,
        Tatjana
        "It's never too late to be what you might have been."

        Wolf and Tiger Woodworking
        http://www.wolfandtiger.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 13, 2009
          Tatjana,

          Thank you for the link, I will keep trying on this end as well.

          To: sig@yahoogroups.com