Re: Winter Palace Ball (Russian)

  • sheila widmaier
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 23, 1999
      Message: 15
      Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 21:41:54 -0600
      From: Jenn/Yana <jdmiller2@...>
      Subject: Winter Palace Ball (Russian)

      I've been trying to remember to tell everyone here
      about something I bought from RussianTroyka on eBay.
      DO NOT all go at once, they have plenty
      (although they only list them one at a time, sneaky)
      and you will only be bidding up each other!!!!

      Royal - 1903 Winter Palace Carnival - 12 Postcards

      As the title says, these are reproductions from the
      1903 Winter Palace Ball in St. Petersburg. What was
      so unique about this Ball was that the guests wore
      reproductions of various periods of Russian clothing,
      from the 14th century to the 18th. I consider
      RussianTroyka to be extremely over-priced on all their
      items, but they are the only ones that have a good
      reproduction of these photos available.

      I've talked to the dealers and they only do business
      through eBay (unfortunately), so you have to bid on
      the item. However, I have asked them if they will be
      putting out more within the series (there are at
      least 50 pics total in the original collection) and
      whether they would consider selling them (the current
      issuing and future issuings) to me at bulk price so I
      can resell them to SIG members myself (no need for us
      all to pay different prices). I will write to them
      again when I get back from my in-laws.

      Also check out the photo of the boyarina on this page:
      I want this outfit!!!!

      They have alot us stuff!!!!
      I cheated though, I downloaded the images, and printed
      them out :)