Re: [sig] Russian name question

  • Paul W Goldschmidt
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4, 2009
      The most common period practice is to follow the same grammatical
      construction as you had in your name before. So, if your name is
      Natal'a Diekova zhena Rabynovicha, you would change your name to
      Natal'a Diekova vdova Rabynovicha. After all, you can't be both his
      wife and his widow at the same time (so skip the first option you list below)!

      -- Paul

      At 03:41 PM 7/4/2009, you wrote:
      >Due to some recent changes in my marital status I would like to
      >alter my name to reflect it. My registered name is Natal'ia Diekova
      >zhena Rabynovicha (Natal'ia wife of Diek Rabynovich), and as you can
      >guess my ex's name is Diek Rabynovich.
      >
      >I really LOVE my name, but what I would like to do is alter my name
      >to state "widow of" instead of "wife of" (no he didn't really die...).
      >
      >A friend did a bit of research for me and came up with a couple
      >different options, but I would like to get some expert advice before
      >I submit a change. The first option is Natal'ia Diekova zhena
      >Rabynovicha vdova, and the second is Natal'ia Diekova Rabynovicha
      >vdova. Can anyone tell me which, if either one, is more correct?
      >
      >Natal'ia
    • Denise Robbins
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 4, 2009
        Thank you so much! Guess I will now officially be a widow!

        Natal'ia