kokoshnik question

  • Rachel Sampsel
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2009
      After building a kokoshnik with the embroidered and beaded everything,
      my question comes now to the veil - how is that worn?

      Do you pin it on the back at the top of the crown or do you put it on
      your head under the kokoshnik or do you use 2 veils - one above and the
      other under?

      The type of kokoshnik I''m looking it is the more halo style framing the
      face rather than the pillbox style.

      Patches
    • L.M. Kies
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2009
        Greetings from Sofya to Patches!

        >After building a kokoshnik with the embroidered and beaded everything,
        >my question comes now to the veil - how is that worn?
        >
        >Do you pin it on the back at the top of the crown or do you put it on
        >your head under the kokoshnik or do you use 2 veils - one above and the
        >other under?

        I believe you can probably do any or all of the above.

        http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/kokoshniki.html
        http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/examples2.html

        At your service,

        Sofya

        Lisa M. Kies, MD aka HL Sofya la Rus, CW, CSH, uchenitsa Kramolnikova
        http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser
        "Nasytivshimsya knizhnoj sladosti."