Re: [sig] An announcement and a question ?

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 21, 2009
      > But I will throw out there that my shire is willing to host
      > the next one. I am trying to get an idea of what time of
      > year people would like it? Late Spring? Summer? Or? We have
      > access to a nice builing in Martinsburg, WV. This is about
      > an hour and a half drive from either Dulles in Washington DC
      > or BWI in Baltimore. Does this location sound doable to
      > folks? If you are a teacher and think you could come please
      > let me know. If the idea seems favorable we will go ahead
      > and pick a time and get all the plans in place!
      >
      > Lady Marija Kotok

      Hm. Boston or Providence to DC is a reasonable flight for me, and Enterprise LOVES me, gives me discounts all the time, so car rental is doable for me (esp if there are others who might want to arrive at the same time and share in costs)....

      HOWEVER, my major issue is always WHEN the event is. The past Slavic U landed during my work's busy season and my husband's birthday. So my deciding factor is going to be date. While winter is nice for breaking out the layers & furs, anything between Pennsic & New Years is tricky for me, because of work. Now, if you want to say "Late January", I can do that.

      ---Sfandra

      ******************
      Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
      Haus Von Drakenklaue, Kingdom of the East
      ******************
      Never 'pearl' your butt.
      ******************
      "Cultured pearls, eh? Do they turn their rounded noses up at other pearls, lift their pinkie when they drink seawater, and gossip horribly about pearls from less fortunate clams?" -- Martin der Wasserspeier
    • Patoodle@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 21, 2009
        Hi, Marija and Sfandra --

        This sounds great to me! I think Martinsburg is a couple of hours from
        where I am, assuming the outbound traffic isn't more horrendous than usual.
        (Martinsburg is sort of an exurb of Washington, D.C., these days.)

        Is your (Marija's) group Sylvan Glen? Would Slavic U. be held in
        conjunction with the Siege of Glengary (late September) or at some other date (maybe
        an indoor event without fighting)?

        I could teach my Pennsic U. survey class on Lithuania again, or I could
        split it up into more detailed segments (maybe by then!).

        Scheduling tip: In Atlantia, Kingdom-level events are generally the first
        weekend of each month, except that Twelfth Night is often the second
        Saturday of January, and except during Pennsic.

        Cheers,
        Lady Patricia of Trakai
        Barony of Storvik, Kingdom of Atlantia

        In a message dated 6/21/2009 3:29:04 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        seonaid13@... writes:

        > But I will throw out there that my shire is willing to host
        > the next one. I am trying to get an idea of what time of
        > year people would like it? Late Spring? Summer? Or? We have
        > access to a nice builing in Martinsburg, WV. This is about
        > an hour and a half drive from either Dulles in Washington DC
        > or BWI in Baltimore. Does this location sound doable to
        > folks? If you are a teacher and think you could come please
        > let me know. If the idea seems favorable we will go ahead
        > and pick a time and get all the plans in place!
        >
        > Lady Marija Kotok

        Hm. Boston or Providence to DC is a reasonable flight for me, and
        Enterprise LOVES me, gives me discounts all the time, so car rental is doable for
        me (esp if there are others who might want to arrive at the same time and
        share in costs)....

        HOWEVER, my major issue is always WHEN the event is. The past Slavic U
        landed during my work's busy season and my husband's birthday. So my
        deciding factor is going to be date. While winter is nice for breaking out the
        layers & furs, anything between Pennsic & New Years is tricky for me,
        because of work. Now, if you want to say "Late January", I can do that.

        ---Sfandra

        steps!
        (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221323000x1201367220/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=
        JunestepsfooterNO62)