Russian archery/bows

  • Yevgeniya Pechenaya
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9, 2009
      So I'm trying to figure out what size is the Russian bow.
      Is this accurate?
      http://www.xenophon-mil.org/rushistory/medievalarmor/archer.htm
      Also how was it drawn? I've found some conflicting data about how the bow was drawn.
      I also saw a finding on a site of Novgorod artifacts. but i can't find how big it is.

      Thank you,

      Lada

      Oooooh...
      SHINY!

    • aldo
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 9, 2009
        I could advise to have in the hand and read carefully the following Russian text:

        JU. V. Shokarev

        ISTORIJA ORUZHIYA
        LUKI I ARBALETY

        Moskva 2007