Sources for Timeline

  • Butler309@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 22, 1999
      In a message dated 12/19/99 8:43:28 AM Central Standard Time,
      jester@... writes:

      > Only one problem, would you site the source you got this
      > information from. I wouldn't feel comfortable using this for my archive of
      > information if I cant trace the source. Thanks

      The dated info was from my Polish Timeline available on the SIG page which
      originally came with the disclaimer that it represented my personal notes
      from a number of sources, and should not be judged by professional academic
      standards. Where there are conflicts, I've resolved them the usual methods
      (greatest number of sources agreeing, personal opinion of the source, and
      what makes the best story.) Main sources were:

      The Formation of the Polish State - Manteuffel (Nice Socio-Geo-Political
      analyses)
      The Polish Way - Zamoyski (Unapologetically nationalistic)
      History of Poland (2nd ed.) - Gieysztor, et al.
      Various Norman Davies
      Cambridge History of Poland
      Historical Atlas of Poland

      There are a lot of little snips here and there from any book with 'Poland' in
      the title. I'd've done footnotes if I'd realized how big the damned thing
      was gonna get. Half the time I can't remember where I read some of it.
      Most everyone draws on Gall(us) for this period. I'd eat a bug for a full
      translation of that particular chronicle.

      - Steve Butler