Re: Re: religion in the SCA - Leszek's dilemma, and Poland's

  • Butler309@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 22, 1999
      In a message dated 12/17/99 10:16:23 PM Central Standard Time,
      jdmiller2@... writes:

      > "Jurata (Polish) Jurate (Lithuanian)
      >
      > Queen of the Baltic Sea, the Sea Goddess. Folk tales tell us that Jurata
      > fell in love with a human fisherman, much to the jealous ire of Pi�run, the
      > God of Thunder. He caused a great lightning storm, which chained the
      > fisherman to the bottom of the sea and caused Jurata's amber palace to
      > shatter. It is said that to this day, any time there is a lightning storm
      > on the Baltic, you can hear the fisherman's cries, and small pieces of
      > Jurata's amber palace wash up on the shore."

      Sweet. very much the kind of thing I've been looking for . . .
      I can describe a storm as Piorun raging at Jurata. I can describe any . . .
      romantic bad idea(?) as 'courting Jurata' or for that matter, any bad idea
      (I assume the fisherman got fried). . . Dandy . . . many thanks!!

      - Steve Butler