Good morning to the list

  • christopher chastain
    Message 1 of 2 , May 16, 2009
      Morning everyone,

      I am a map maker and was wondering if anyone had a example of Rus mappa mundi? I havent been able to locate any myself and was wondering if there was any. Thank you for any insight that can be provided into this.

      Yours in Humble Service,
      Pomestnik Dmitrii Zarekoi Ivanov
      "Man is not Lost!"

      Message 2 of 2 , May 16, 2009
        Dmitrii,

        In the SIG Yahoogroup home, in Photos, is an album I built called MuseumofRussianIcons. IMG_0911 in there is a map of Russia printed in London in 1665. It hangs in the Museum http://www.museumofrussianicons.org/. The curator is awesome, I'm sure you could send an email inquiry for more info on the map itself.

        Hope that helps,
        Sfandra Dmtrieva

        Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
        Haus Von Drakenklaue, Kingdom of the East
        Never 'pearl' your butt.
        "Cultured pearls, eh? Do they turn their rounded noses up at other pearls, lift their pinkie when they drink seawater, and gossip horribly about pearls from less fortunate clams?" -- Martin der Wasserspeier