Re: konotop 1659 PA

  • Rick Orli
    Message 1 of 6 , May 2 10:24 AM
      http://www.kismeta.com/diGrasse/konotop_1659.htm is our half-done webpage. One reason why I hope to involve some of the regulars on this list is that the sponsor is organizing a sort of 16-17th C. Slavic and Kozak heritage festival. My group can handle staging a showy battle and a display but there is more that can be done.
      Please contact me if you want to learn more about this.
      -Rick
      --- In sig
    • mfrykas@mts.net
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3 7:57 AM
        Looks like a good time. I love historical re-inactments of battles. Living in the Canadian prairies, you don't get many US Civil War re-inactments or other battle re-inactments that you get elsewhere.

        The Ukrainian Bandurist Chorus of Detroit recently released a CD of music inspired by the event.

        http://www.bandura.org/recordings_details.htm#1659

        Michele (aka Dzinovia who is still lurking after all these years...)

        <SNIP>
        > http://www.kismeta.com/diGrasse/konotop_1659.htm is our half-done webpage. One reason why I hope to involve some of the regulars on this list is that the sponsor is organizing a sort of 16-17th C. Slavic and Kozak heritage festival. My group can handle staging a showy battle and a display but there is more that can be done.
        > Please contact me if you want to learn more about this.
        > -Rick
        > --- In sig

      • Richard
        Message 3 of 6 , May 8 9:04 PM
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnKxAVfJeaE&feature=PlayList&p=71860DE1E5147D70&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=33

          This link should go to four Ukranian reenactors singing in Toronto in '06.

          I hope it is ok to post vids such as this, here.

          psr
        • Rick Orli
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 5, 2009
            Please remember to put our event on your calendar, and I hope for your participation! Please contact me if you are interested - we are particularly interested in recruiting some bodies to serve as Tsarist Russians/Muscovites and we have loaner kit to help make that happen.
            information at:
            http://www.kismeta.com/diGrasse/konotop_1659.htm

            http://www.ukrhomestead.com/download/festival_2009.pdf

            --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Orli" <orlirva@...> wrote:

            > This weekend the event is held at the 4-winds renfaire east of Dallas Texas. Come on down! A few of us from the east coast will drive or fly over for the event... I'm personally playing the role of a Muscovite and will be fighting the Poles and Cossacks.
            >
            > Reminder: We are organizing a second Konotop battle reenactment and Cossack Heritage fair at (and with the staff of) the Ukrainian homestead, Leighton PA. Oct 3-4. We hope for the active involvement of several members of this list!
            > -Rick

          • rickjs
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 22, 2009
              Oct 3-4 Konotop, Ukrainian Homestead, Leighton PA - our big event of the year
              Battle of Konotop, also known as the Battle of Sosnivka, was a battle fought between the hetman of Ukraine, Ivan Vyhovsky, and his allies against the armies of the Muscovites led by prince Aleksey Trubetskoy, on June 29, 1659 near the town of Konotop.
              http://www.kismeta.com/diGrasse/konotop_1659.htm
              I need whoever has not contacted me about accomidations to do so, for themselves or on behalf of their group... also please let me know count and days attending - names of participants would be nice.
              free tent space and indoor barrack-room/crash space. (bring sleeping bags or sheets/blankets) and on-site hotel is $65 per night. we are getting lunch Saturday, and Saturday evening we will do a group potluck and cook something (potluck dish or chip in $5 please)

              We are getting there to set up friday afternoon, the public will be there mostly on Saturday, and Sunday is mostly for us