Re: [sig] Question

  • aldo
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2009
      May I give u an advice? I used in my past studies a very beautiful book teaching HOW TO USE RUSSIAN for people who already learned it and wanted to travel in the USSR. I found it great really! It introduced you into the Russian life and feelings so that u had to learn how to use words in many different circumstances trying to let u enter into the Russian's mind. The book is still to found, I think !

      GENEVRA GERHART - THE RUSSIAN'S WORLD, LIFE AND LANGUAGE - Harcourt Brace Jovanovich N.Y. 1974

      Ciao

      Aldo
      From: Sfandra <seonaid13@...>
      Subject: [sig] Question
      To: sig@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 4:07 PM

      What does "baryshnya" mean? :D Because of my "interests" on LiveJournal, I sometimes get interesting messages. I sometimes wonder if I'm getting pings from guys looking for russian mail order brides or something!!

      Thanks,

      Sfandra

      Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova

      Haus Von Drakenklaue, Kingdom of the East

      Never 'pearl' your butt.

      "Cultured pearls, eh? Do they turn their rounded noses up at other pearls, lift their pinkie when they drink seawater, and gossip horribly about pearls from less fortunate clams?" -- Martin der Wasserspeier