RE: [sig] Props to our own!

  • L.M. Kies
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 26, 2009
      Sweet!

      Thanks for sharing that, Sfandra. :-)

      Sofya

      >------- Original Message -------
      So I just got back from attending another lecture at the Museum of Russian Icons, this time on daily life in the Kievan era.

      And when she got to the part on clothing..... Imagine my glee when there was a slide full of Very Familiar Drawings! Yes, Professor Malykhina used, with FULL credit, the drawings from "Sofya La Rus' Medieval Russian Life" website! Ironically, two weeks ago, the good Professor had never heard of the SCA.....

      So Sofya, according to at least one professor of russian history, you have "the most comprehensive clothing site on the web".

      So, PROPS TO SOFYA!!!!

      The good professor also pointed her students to the website Novgorod Archeology.... maintained by Michael of Safita!

      My good friend Lady Catriona and I kept nudging each other through the whole lecture. :D I have to admit, though there was little that I didn't know beforehand (except some of the history of Vladimir-Suzdal), it was Much Fun to see so much research by Scadians held up as excellent examples.

      -Cheers,
      Sfandra

      Lisa M. Kies, MD aka HL Sofya la Rus, CW, CSH, uchenitsa Kramolnikova
      http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser
      "С преизбытком насытившимся книжной сладости"