Props to our own

  • Seonaid13
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20, 2009
      I thought I sent this out last night, but I don't see it yet, so apologies if folks see this twice...

      Last night, I attended another lecture by Professor Svitlana Malykhina at the Museum of Russian Icons. This time, the subject of the lecture was the late Keivan period and the daily life of the Rus'.

      So you can imagine my glee when she brought up a particular slide full of Very Familiar Garb Drawings! She used, with Full Credit, Sofya La Rus's sketches! She also pointed her students to the website "Novgorod Archeology", maintained by Michael of Safita! And ironically, two weeks ago, she'd never heard of the SCA.....

      Professor Malykhina called Sofya's site "the most comprehensive clothing site on the web" for early russian costume! WOOT!

      So big shout outs to Sofya and Michael!

      Cheers,
      Sfandra Dmtrieva