Re: [sig] Russian Heraldry

  • Barbara
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 12, 2009
      In my research, I've found that the Rus really didn't use heraldry, at least
      not in the Western sense. Paul Wickenden has a short page on what he's
      found here: http://www.goldschp.net/archive/rusheraldry.html

      I've got arms passed, but I rarely use them. I use my badges more often,
      because they are simpler objects with no field (background color.) I've
      also designed a znak for myself. I didn't want to imply I was related to
      any of the Ruriks by copying one of theirs! ;-) I just used them for
      inspiration.

      As Paul says on his page, they are not register-able, but they can certainly
      be used to identify you on your shield or banner.

      Mir!
      Tatjana

      "It's never too late to be what you might have been."

      Wolf and Tiger Woodworking
      http://www.wolfandtiger.com