Re: [sig] Ages of War: The Rus vs. The World

  • Jennifer Nelson Kemp
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 9, 2009
      This got brought up at Atenveldt crown...we're seeing if we can come.
      This would be sweet!!!!

      Ianuk

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 20, 2009
        ****************** Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova KOE, Maunche, Apprentice to Maitresse Irene LeNoir Haus Von Drakenklaue, Kingdom of the East ****************** Never 'pearl' your butt. ****************** "Cultured pearls, eh? Do they turn their rounded noses up at other pearls, lift their pinkie when they drink seawater, and gossip horribly about pearls from less fortunate clams?" -- Martin der Wasserspeier

        I'd just like to remind you all to get the last weekend in August on your calendar for a Russian themed event with the kingdoms of Calontir and Northshield.
        http://www.heraldshill.org/AgesOfWar/index.html

        I'd love to see lots of SIG folks there, and I'd especially love to see you teaching lots of classes!

        At your service,

        Sofya

        Lisa M. Kies, MD aka HL Sofya la Rus, CW, CSH, uchenitsa Kramolnikova
        http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser

      • L.M. Kies
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 6 2:36 PM
          In a land without natural barriers, the ancient Rus arose – blending east and west, north and
          south into a unique identity. All through the centuries, enemies came and went. Some were
          defeated easily and vanished from history. Some caused years of conflict, generations of
          victories and defeats along shifting borders until peace was restored and alliances were sealed
          just in time for a new enemy to appear. The strongest enemies conquered and ruled, but only for a
          time. In the end, they too were vanquished by the patient, unconquerable spirit of the Russian
          people and absorbed into the Russian collective.

          So while it may often have felt like it was, indeed, the Rus vs. the World, in the end, the Rus
          always prevailed. Come fight with us!

          On August 27-30, the Shire of Heraldshill, Calontir, with the Shire of Silfren Mere, Northshield,
          will be holding Ages of War: The Rus vs. The World, at the Floyd County Fairgrounds in Charles
          City, IA.

          http://www.heraldshill.org/AgesOfWar/

          If you have any questions, please contact the Event Steward, HL Sofya la Rus,
          sofya@....