Museum of Russian Icons - Tomorrow afternoon.

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4 8:44 AM
      So tomorrow, I'm headed off to a backyard treasure I didn't even know I had: the Museum of Russian Icons. http://www.museumofrussianicons.org/ I'll be checking out the Museum and hearing a lecture on Early Russian History from a college professor.

      And guess what?!? The Museum allows non-flash digital photography in the galleries!!!! W00T! If there's anything in particular that anyone wants me to look for, just give me a shout before 1pm EST tomorrow (Thursday). If there are collection books, I'll probably pick up a few too -- There is particularly a catalog of the current exhibit from the State Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow, which is only $15, so if someone wants a copy, just holler, and we can arrange repay and shipping afterwards. (Magdalena, I am looking at you!)

      So, I'll be putting a review in Slovo, I'll be posting photos on our YahooGroups home, and I'll try to take lots of coherent notes during the lecture and post them here.

      Cheers,
      Sfandra Dmitrieva
      (so totally excited for this!!!)

      ******************
      Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
      Haus Von Drakenklaue
      Kingdom of the East
      Never 'pearl' your butt.
    • Patoodle@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4 8:51 AM
        SO cool, Sfandra!

        The museum also sells postcards and blank greeting cards, if I recall correctly. *drool*

        Enjoy,
        Patricia of Trakai
        (native of central Massachusetts)