Soild end on a Kopia

  • Frank Douglas
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2009
       first let me say, I have no research to back this up fully, and I could not get the link to work.

       That being said, kopias were made from whatever straight long piece of wood that could be found. out on the campaign this one use weapon would have to be replaced on short notice. Not all wood has the same weight or strengths. The tip of the lance would have to be mounted on the end and have enough strength to hold it in place and not shatter so quickly as to not transfer the full force of the blow.
       It would need to balance so that when you hold the kopia just below the ball guard its length would what to be level to the ground.
       As long as the kopia would snap before the back lash of the force of the blow traveling up the shaft could unhorse the kopias wielder, and it was balanced, I would think you would want it to be as stronger and solid as you could get away with.
       I would guess that the Kopia inquestion would have been hallowed out lower down the shaft.

      Gyula, Wiktor Kostka
      Squire to Sir Emyrs Shaunnon
      Member of the Black Gryphon
      Premier Pup of the Amazon Household