Re: Dembinska typo

  • susannah53
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 24, 2009
      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "panimagdalena56" <nunother56@...> wrote:

      > I will dare to take it one step further. Not only is this a typo, I
      > believe the theory of pierniki coming from pfefferneuse flawed.
      >
      > Unless of course, our Russian cousins tell us prianiki is also from
      > pfefferneuse.

      I have only the internet as a research tool right now, and I would like to delve into the
      possible historical connections more deeply. However, as far as I can see, the main
      connection between the two is mainly with the spices. In appearance, they are totally
      different. If they both were molded cookies, for example (as with springerle) I would be more
      inclined to think that there might possibly be a connection.

      Susannah