names [was Re: Musings on SCA-cultural impact]

  • Leonora Radovcic
    Message 1 of 60 , Feb 19, 2009
      At the start when I was looking for my current SCA name, I had gone
      through this site. But, it seems that there were no new information
      regarding feminine Croatian names. The books I had gone through when
      I was at the library in Croatian mostly covered the men in history,
      and not much of females.

      Susana, I hope that the link Lord Vladislav provide would be of help
      to you. Know that most male names can be changed to female by just
      adding the "a" at the end. Good luck.

      YIS
      Branimira
      East Kingdom

      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, norm minzey <vladdrgo@...> wrote:

      > Buna Ziua,
      > You could try this site also:  http://www.s-
      gabriel.org/names/walraven/croat/
      > If you didn't already have it, I hope it helps.
      >
      > Lord Vladislav Dragomir
      > Squire, Midrealm
      >

      > --clipped--
      > --- On Wed, 2/11/09, Suzanne <sovagris@...> wrote:
      >

      > I wonder if we can find a late
      > medieval Croatian equivalent of "lily" (which is the root meaning of
      > Susanna).
      > I've found very few women's names for any century in Croatia. Drat
      > those men and their masculine viewpoints of history! When I win the
      > lottery, LOL, I'll go to Rab and search the town records for
      feminine
      > names in the marriage registers, wills, etc.

    • Leonora Radovcic
      Message 60 of 60 , Feb 19, 2009