Re: [sig] collaborative writing project

  • aldo
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 15, 2009
      There is a constantly growing interest in knowing, here in Europe, who are the Russians. The question is already set on since years but owing to a large lack of Russian-knowing historians (or at least German-knowing ones too) still the question is hanging in the air with no reply to the huge demand. My opinion is that as a part of Europe Rusia must be known better even tho we have to start from the Soviet historians who, in any case, have been been (and a few still are) scholars of their history and have written books and books on the subject. I myself turned to John Fennel, Janet Martin, Simon Franklin and a few others as my personal area of interest is the Middle Ages and I found a great accessibility of their works that could help everybody to understand this part of European past and wrote about it after, maybe, visiting NOW the Russian Federation in the countryside. As far as the USA are concerned I also am sure that Russians (not the enmigrated people who are basically too much politicized to be read and followed) i.e. the new generations must know where their roots are. I would be really glad of any effort in that sense. Iam an Italia historian of the Russian Middle Ages and read with a great appreciation and curiosity SLOVO from which I learnt much more than our of my personal researches because mostly articles originate from a great curiosity of the writers who are free from such fetters as quotations etc. Ist there any plan of what to write and make about this part of history?

      Ciao
      Aldo