Re: [sig] Re: Polish re-enactors Handbook now avaolable

  • John Enzinas
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2009
      On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
      <panzygmunt@...> wrote:
      > I would also like to point out that my own Polish handbook, geared towards
      > the SCA, may be found at http://www.plcommonwealth.org , on the articles
      > page. I haven't yet seen Eryk's book, but I bet it's great! :)
      >
      > ...sez the guy who is disappointed that he missed the deadline to get his
      > photo in the book. :(

      My copy of the Polish Re-enactors Handbook arrived. It was not at all
      what I was expecting. I was expecting that would be big on "how" but
      instead it was big on "what". In addition It did not do a good job at
      showing what was from when with the photographs and other images.
      Finally the information on anyone who was not Male, Military and
      (mostly) Upperclass is probably less than a page all put together.
      This makes it much less useful for my purposes.

      I really appreciate your posting your link as you actually include
      some example patterns. His book is great for giving you a bunch of
      ideas of what you can do, but is almost useless if you are trying to
      figure out how. Yours is much more useful in that regard.