[sig] Re: Musings on SCA-cultural impact

  • Suzanne
    Message 1 of 60 , Feb 6, 2009
      To answer you both:
      I'm in the Canton of Axed Root, just down the road a piece from
      Heraldshill (which I believe is Sofya's home?) but I'm kinda' new here
      and I haven't had the nerve to introduce myself to the big names. :-)

      Mundanely, that would be the middle of Iowa.

      Susanna

      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "L.M. Kies" <lkies@...> wrote:

      > Greetings from Sofya!
      >
      > Well, I don't know about next year, but *shameless plug* I'm
      planning to have RUSH classes at Ages of War this fall, the last
      > weekend of August, up in the northern frontiers of Calontir. And
      since I'm the "samoderzhets" of the event it has, of course, a
      > Russian theme. (Which reminds me, I need to contact the local RUSH
      regent, get the event website up, recruit more event
      > officers... I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend, besides
      than the Alternate Titles stuff.)

      > Anyway, I'd much rather have some fellow Slavs elbow their way into
      "my" class list, than have to fill in spots with boring Anglo-
      > French types. :-)
      >
      > I'll post the link to the event website once I get it up.
      >
      > Sofya

    • Leonora Radovcic
      Message 60 of 60 , Feb 19, 2009
        At the start when I was looking for my current SCA name, I had gone
        through this site. But, it seems that there were no new information
        regarding feminine Croatian names. The books I had gone through when
        I was at the library in Croatian mostly covered the men in history,
        and not much of females.

        Susana, I hope that the link Lord Vladislav provide would be of help
        to you. Know that most male names can be changed to female by just
        adding the "a" at the end. Good luck.

        YIS
        Branimira
        East Kingdom