Re: [sig] Musings on SCA-cultural impact

  • jjbober4@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 60 , Feb 5, 2009
      I would agree with that. Believe me, there are FAR more Eastern Europeans than when I started playing this game a couple decades ago.

      I think that part of it may be that our resources aren't nearly as readily at hand. You can walk into your average Borders and without too much trouble walk out with *some* book our other that may help you dress like a generiCelt, Viking, or non-descript Western European. On the other hand, if you're going to be a Pole or Hungarian or Rus or from Kiev or Novgorod you have to dig a little deeper, and we probably gravitate towards those things in the garb and accessories that would set us apart. So my guess is that we may research a little more before we come out with it.

      OH...and when I went to school Europe ended at the Urals. :)

      Jan
      Message 60 of 60 , Feb 19, 2009
        At the start when I was looking for my current SCA name, I had gone
        through this site. But, it seems that there were no new information
        regarding feminine Croatian names. The books I had gone through when
        I was at the library in Croatian mostly covered the men in history,
        and not much of females.

        Susana, I hope that the link Lord Vladislav provide would be of help
        to you. Know that most male names can be changed to female by just
        adding the "a" at the end. Good luck.

        YIS
        Branimira
        East Kingdom