RE: [sig] Russian Alternate Titles List Update

    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 3, 2009
      The three in my Kingdom use Syr....I tried to talk them into the unholy version Tsyr, but they all said it was wrooooooong, which it is!

      Best Regards,
      'dok

      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 3, 2009
        There are 2 other Russian words for Knight that may be applicable:
        Vityaz - this word i think would be an appropriate equivalent to Knight since this word was used to refer to the better soldiers or knights in our SCA case. I can see if i can look up more references to the exact use of the word.
        or
        Bogatyr' (this i feel is less appropriate since it refers more to a hero than a knight)

        Lada

        Oooooh...
        SHINY!

        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 4, 2009
          > Bogatyr' (this i feel is less appropriate since it
          > refers more to a hero than a knight)
          >
          > Lada

          LOL! My initial thought for "bogatyr" was "save that for the loonies who are king more than twice!" Colloquially, we call them "super-dukes" or "insane".... ;p

          --Sfandra

          ******************
          Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
          Haus Von Drakenklaue
          Kingdom of the East
          ******************
          Never 'pearl' your butt.
        • Danks Cole
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 4, 2009
            I was wondering if somebody could post the proper pronunciation for
            these titles. Just when I get used to saying and spelling pomestnik...hehe

            Vlakh

            L.M. Kies wrote:

            > Greetings from Sofya!
            >
            > The results of the Russian Alternate Titles List Revision are
            > available on the November 2008 LoAR:
            > http://heraldry.sca.org/loar/2008/11/08-11cl.html
            > <http://heraldry.sca.org/loar/2008/11/08-11cl.html>
            >
            > Although the key titles of "masteritsa" and "boiarin/boiarynia" were
            > returned (and are being prepared for re-submission), many of the other
            > proposed titles were accepted!
            >
            > I hope you find them useful.
            >
            > At your service,
            >
            > Sofya

          • L.M. Kies
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 4, 2009
              Someone (wink) has already updated the titles on the Russian Knowledge Pages, along with pronunciations:
              http://russiansig.wikispaces.com/SCA+Alternative+Titles

              Oh, and Pomestnik is still on the list - particularly suitable for late period personas.

              Sofya

              L.M. Kies wrote:

              > Greetings from Sofya!
              >
              > The results of the Russian Alternate Titles List Revision are
              > available on the November 2008 LoAR:
              > http://heraldry.sca.org/loar/2008/11/08-11cl.html
              > < " target=_new>http://heraldry.sca.org/loar/2008/11/08-11cl.html>

            • Danks Cole
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 4, 2009
                I'm late 10th, so Dvorianin seems most appropriate...

                Dvorianin Vlakh Drugov syn Izmaragdov