Re: ISO Bohemian garb info

  • Milan
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2009
      here is a web resource for you and her to take a look at

      http://kazi.webz.cz/wagner/index.html

      There is a book that these images come from, but i cant recall the
      title right now. When i get back home, ill pull it off the shelf and
      post it for you. These line drawings are often tracings of the
      originals from period sources, but because of that some details may be
      lost. However, it will give you a good start to 14th and 15th century
      Bohemian style and fashion.

      I wish her the best of luck, i too am working on a proper bohemian
      persona and finding it very difficult yet interesting topic to
      research. Hope to be of help

      Best of luck,
      Milan
    • Catherine Olanich Raymond
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2009
        On Monday 02 February 2009 2:33:24 pm Milan wrote:
        > here is a web resource for you and her to take a look at
        >
        > http://kazi.webz.cz/wagner/index.html
        >
        > There is a book that these images come from, but i cant recall the
        > title right now.

        It wouldn't be "Gothic Woman's Fashion" by Olga Sronkova, would it?

        --
        Cathy Raymond <cathy@...>

        "If someone offers you a dead dog for lunch, you don't stick around for the
        pudding." --Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw

      • Milan
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2009
          Nope the book is...

          Medieval Costume, Armour and Weapons

          By: Edward Wagner, Zoroslava Brobna', and Jan Durdik
          ISBN: 0-486-41240-7
          published by Dover Publications.

          the czech title is i believe
          "Kroje, zbroj a zbrane doby predhusitske' a husitske"

          It focuses on 1350-1450 Hope this was helpful! Best of luck!

          Milan
        • Milan
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 3, 2009
            here is another link,

            http://www.kostym.cz/

            Click on the screen, then click the british flag to get it into
            english. Most of the site is in Czech, but you can click your way
            through to find what you want.

            Also check out Slovnik.cz and googles language tools to translate
            things into english. In order to research this culture you are pretty
            much forced to work through czech (and german) language resources.

            Cheers!
            Milan