Re: Spring Polish Event

  • quokkaqueen
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 22, 2009
      Well, we could always organise something Nawojka, and then try to
      convince the SIG list to come visit _us_ for a relaxing,
      southern-hemisphere holiday... :)

      (I suggest we organise something, but I think we're both going to be
      too busy this year. Hmm... silly of us to let real life get in the way
      of hobbies. Maybe we should delegate, or just import Magdalena?)

      ~Asfridhr

      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Rosie (aka Nawojka)" <Rosie_0801@...> wrote:

      > I'm
      > > autocrat and planning a menu of the Polish foods I grew up with.
      >

      > *rolls eyes towards Asfridhr* "Geez, the cool stuff happens everywhere
      > else!!"
      >
      > *sigh*
      > Pani Nawojka

    • Rosie (aka Nawojka)
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 23, 2009
        > (I'd suggest we organise something, but I think we're both going to be
        > too busy this year. Hmm... silly of us to let real life get in the way
        > of hobbies. Maybe we should delegate, or just import Magdalena?)
        >
        > ~Asfridhr

        Yeah, we'll pass the hat around. If the fighter types can put in to
        import two scarily good Dukes, surely there'll be people around to
        chip in for something INTERESTING!
        ;)
        Nawojka
      • panimagdalena56
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 27, 2009
          --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, Tim Nalley <mordakus@...> wrote:

          > Fiber and forges? Any archery?

          We have an archery marshall who has offered her services. We just
          need to scope out the site. How did you know?

          As far as importing me, I'd love to see your part of the world!
          Just make it your spring or summer so I can escape winter here.

          I also have interest from shire members to make Polish garb. What
          we'll end up doing is late period wams (doublet type bodices) and
          skirts and possibly matching colpaks with feathers of course!

          We have a growing music and dancing interest. The leader and I have
          decided upon Italian ren dances since Good Queen Bona brought the
          Renaissance to Poland and was Italian.

          We are a smallish shire but these people are great. I can't say
          enough good about my shire. They have grabbed hold of this and are
          coming up with all kinds of great ideas. The lastest is a quest with
          the questions being things to teach about Poland.

          In Service,
          Magdalena
        • Rick Orli
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 27, 2009
            I'll mention it to our 17th C. group. Most of us sometimes do SCA
            events, although there is a conflicting event in Maryland.

            I think I posted information here about our Cossack-Polish-Muscovite
            battle event On Oct 3-4. Please note changed date.
            We do invite anyone from the SCA with an eastern interest, who can
            approximatly portray 17th C. We are especially short on Muscovites
            to beat up on, so come on down!

            The event was requested by the Ukrainian homestead in PA, who are
            good friends of reenactors and the site of several sca events.
            Should be a festive setting with lots of Ukrainian food and crafts
            and a large public audience. Lets support them please!

            And of course, we use black powder and will even have a live fire
            range set up.
            Please contact me if you have questions - Rick
            som at kismeta .dot. com

            --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, Tim Nalley <mordakus@...> wrote:

            > Fiber and forges? Any archery?
            >
            > Best Regards,
            > 'dok
            > "Dreams are only the realities of yesterday waiting to happen"

            being
            > tied in to get the country manor ready for a new growing season.
            I'm
            > autocrat and planning a menu of the Polish foods I grew up with.
            >
            > We are working on an event webpage right now but you can currently
            see
            > event details on the East Kingdom Event page.
            >
            > Hope to see you there!
            >
            > YIS
            > Pani Magdalena Gdanska

          • panimagdalena56
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 28, 2009
              I know the site well. Scheduling conflicts are the hardest thing to
              overcome. We were locked into the site and date with a down payment.

              But there seems to be a lot of interest. I'm already considering doing
              a similar event in 2010.

              I would love to have Hussars present even it it's just for display. Is
              there a fee for your October event?

              Magdalena
            • Rick Orli
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 28, 2009
                No fee, in fact they will materially support us, especially by
                arranging for horses etc. (Unlike most SCA events, We are putting on a
                show for the public and for them this is a potential money raiser; they
                are possibly thinking of eventually doing something like a mini one
                weekend ren-faire type of thing, to draw in the Public. This could
                become a key annual slavic event, if we (meaning you too!) play our
                cards right)
                -Rick
                --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "panimagdalena56" <nunother56@...> wrote:

                > I know the site well. Scheduling conflicts are the hardest thing to
                > overcome. We were locked into the site and date with a down payment.
                >
                > But there seems to be a lot of interest. I'm already considering
                doing
                > a similar event in 2010.
                >
                > I would love to have Hussars present even it it's just for display.
                Is
                > there a fee for your October event?
                >
                > Magdalena

              • charles stefanich
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 28, 2009
                  Unfortunately with the current economic situation travel to either event is out for me,but hope springs eternal and will be looking for both these in the future. Since those really great Polish fashions are modeled on Hungarian dress a Magyar might fit in very nicely.
                  Valkai Istvan

                  No fee, in fact they will materially support us, especially by

                  arranging for horses etc. (Unlike most SCA events, We are putting on a

                  show for the public and for them this is a potential money raiser; they

                  are possibly thinking of eventually doing something like a mini one

                  weekend ren-faire type of thing, to draw in the Public. This could

                  become a key annual slavic event, if we (meaning you too!) play our

                  cards right)

                  -Rick

                  --- In sig@yahoogroups. com, "panimagdalena56" <nunother56@ ...> wrote:

                  > I know the site well. Scheduling conflicts are the hardest thing to

                  > overcome. We were locked into the site and date with a down payment.

                  > But there seems to be a lot of interest. I'm already considering

                  doing

                  > a similar event in 2010.

                  > I would love to have Hussars present even it it's just for display.

                  Is

                  > there a fee for your October event?

                  > Magdalena

                • panimagdalena56
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 28, 2009
                    Do you have an announcement for this event? I could print some off and
                    have handouts available at our troll (registration). Free PR.

                    MG