Re: Spring Polish Event

  • Rosie (aka Nawojka)
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 21, 2009
      I'm
      > autocrat and planning a menu of the Polish foods I grew up with.

      *rolls eyes towards Asfridhr* "Geez, the cool stuff happens everywhere
      else!!"

      *sigh*
      Pani Nawojka
    • quokkaqueen
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 22, 2009
        Well, we could always organise something Nawojka, and then try to
        convince the SIG list to come visit _us_ for a relaxing,
        southern-hemisphere holiday... :)

        (I suggest we organise something, but I think we're both going to be
        too busy this year. Hmm... silly of us to let real life get in the way
        of hobbies. Maybe we should delegate, or just import Magdalena?)

        ~Asfridhr

        --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Rosie (aka Nawojka)" <Rosie_0801@...> wrote:

        > I'm
        > > autocrat and planning a menu of the Polish foods I grew up with.
        >

        > *rolls eyes towards Asfridhr* "Geez, the cool stuff happens everywhere
        > else!!"
        >
        > *sigh*
        > Pani Nawojka

      • Rosie (aka Nawojka)
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 23, 2009
          > (I'd suggest we organise something, but I think we're both going to be
          > too busy this year. Hmm... silly of us to let real life get in the way
          > of hobbies. Maybe we should delegate, or just import Magdalena?)
          >
          > ~Asfridhr

          Yeah, we'll pass the hat around. If the fighter types can put in to
          import two scarily good Dukes, surely there'll be people around to
          chip in for something INTERESTING!
          ;)
          Nawojka
        • panimagdalena56
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 27, 2009
            --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, Tim Nalley <mordakus@...> wrote:

            > Fiber and forges? Any archery?

            We have an archery marshall who has offered her services. We just
            need to scope out the site. How did you know?

            As far as importing me, I'd love to see your part of the world!
            Just make it your spring or summer so I can escape winter here.

            I also have interest from shire members to make Polish garb. What
            we'll end up doing is late period wams (doublet type bodices) and
            skirts and possibly matching colpaks with feathers of course!

            We have a growing music and dancing interest. The leader and I have
            decided upon Italian ren dances since Good Queen Bona brought the
            Renaissance to Poland and was Italian.

            We are a smallish shire but these people are great. I can't say
            enough good about my shire. They have grabbed hold of this and are
            coming up with all kinds of great ideas. The lastest is a quest with
            the questions being things to teach about Poland.

            In Service,
            Magdalena
          • Rick Orli
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 27, 2009
              I'll mention it to our 17th C. group. Most of us sometimes do SCA
              events, although there is a conflicting event in Maryland.

              I think I posted information here about our Cossack-Polish-Muscovite
              battle event On Oct 3-4. Please note changed date.
              We do invite anyone from the SCA with an eastern interest, who can
              approximatly portray 17th C. We are especially short on Muscovites
              to beat up on, so come on down!

              The event was requested by the Ukrainian homestead in PA, who are
              good friends of reenactors and the site of several sca events.
              Should be a festive setting with lots of Ukrainian food and crafts
              and a large public audience. Lets support them please!

              And of course, we use black powder and will even have a live fire
              range set up.
              Please contact me if you have questions - Rick
              som at kismeta .dot. com

              --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, Tim Nalley <mordakus@...> wrote:

              > Fiber and forges? Any archery?
              >
              > Best Regards,
              > 'dok
              > "Dreams are only the realities of yesterday waiting to happen"

              being
              > tied in to get the country manor ready for a new growing season.
              I'm
              > autocrat and planning a menu of the Polish foods I grew up with.
              >
              > We are working on an event webpage right now but you can currently
              see
              > event details on the East Kingdom Event page.
              >
              > Hope to see you there!
              >
              > YIS
              > Pani Magdalena Gdanska

            • panimagdalena56
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 28, 2009
                I know the site well. Scheduling conflicts are the hardest thing to
                overcome. We were locked into the site and date with a down payment.

                But there seems to be a lot of interest. I'm already considering doing
                a similar event in 2010.

                I would love to have Hussars present even it it's just for display. Is
                there a fee for your October event?

                Magdalena
              • Rick Orli
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 28, 2009
                  No fee, in fact they will materially support us, especially by
                  arranging for horses etc. (Unlike most SCA events, We are putting on a
                  show for the public and for them this is a potential money raiser; they
                  are possibly thinking of eventually doing something like a mini one
                  weekend ren-faire type of thing, to draw in the Public. This could
                  become a key annual slavic event, if we (meaning you too!) play our
                  cards right)
                  -Rick
                  --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "panimagdalena56" <nunother56@...> wrote:

                  > I know the site well. Scheduling conflicts are the hardest thing to
                  > overcome. We were locked into the site and date with a down payment.
                  >
                  > But there seems to be a lot of interest. I'm already considering
                  doing
                  > a similar event in 2010.
                  >
                  > I would love to have Hussars present even it it's just for display.
                  Is
                  > there a fee for your October event?
                  >
                  > Magdalena

                • charles stefanich
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 28, 2009
                    Unfortunately with the current economic situation travel to either event is out for me,but hope springs eternal and will be looking for both these in the future. Since those really great Polish fashions are modeled on Hungarian dress a Magyar might fit in very nicely.
                    Valkai Istvan

                    No fee, in fact they will materially support us, especially by

                    arranging for horses etc. (Unlike most SCA events, We are putting on a

                    show for the public and for them this is a potential money raiser; they

                    are possibly thinking of eventually doing something like a mini one

                    weekend ren-faire type of thing, to draw in the Public. This could

                    become a key annual slavic event, if we (meaning you too!) play our

                    cards right)

                    -Rick

                    --- In sig@yahoogroups. com, "panimagdalena56" <nunother56@ ...> wrote:

                    > I know the site well. Scheduling conflicts are the hardest thing to

                    > overcome. We were locked into the site and date with a down payment.

                    > But there seems to be a lot of interest. I'm already considering

                    doing

                    > a similar event in 2010.

                    > I would love to have Hussars present even it it's just for display.

                    Is

                    > there a fee for your October event?

                    > Magdalena

                  • panimagdalena56
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 28, 2009
                      Do you have an announcement for this event? I could print some off and
                      have handouts available at our troll (registration). Free PR.

                      MG